How do I Apply for Asset Management?
Applications are accepted at CMHA's eligibility office located at 1088 West Liberty Street from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The applications will be placed on a waiting list documented by applicable preference points, date and time. Applicants will receive a letter informing them of an appointment to meet with a housing specialist. The applicant should bring all documents listed in the letter which will be reviewed with the housing specialist during the time of the interview. The housing specialist will complete the verification process to determine eligibility status. Once it is determined that a unit has become available, the next eligible applicant on the site based waiting list will be contacted by the management office.
To complete an application, please bring or make available the following information:
- Picture ID
- Birth certificates for each household member
- Social Security cards or proof of legal U.S. status for each household member
- Proof of household income (paycheck stubs, SS/SSI verification letter)
- Current police background checks for all household members age 18 and over
- Current landlord information: name, address and telephone number
- Proof of all household assets (bank statements, real estate deeds, etc.)