May 17, 2022
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) holds Briefings for families invited from the wait list ONLY. ALL ADULTS IN THE HOUSEHOLD ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND ONLY – NO OTHER PERSON(s) WILL BE ALLOWED **MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL ATTENDEES**
HCV personnel explain the program rules to attendees and screen for program eligibility during the Briefings. Below is a list of what you can expect when attending and steps you can take now to accelerate the process.
Background Check: CMHA is required to conduct a screening for criminal activity for all adult members of the household prior to issuance of a voucher. To expedite receiving your voucher, you may submit a Hamilton County police report not more than 30 days old for each member of your household who is 18 or older. The background check can be obtained Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Hamilton County Sherriff’s Office Justice Center, 1000 Sycamore St. Rm 100 Cincinnati, OH 45202. You are not required to submit this information, however, if you do not submit a police report with your packet, CMHA will be required to obtain one which could delay your voucher issuance 60 days or longer. If you or any member of your family who is 18 or older has lived outside of Hamilton County in the last 3 years, a background check is required from the State(s) and County(s) where your previously resided.
In order for CMHA to determine your eligibility, you MUST provide the following:
- Photo ID for ALL household members 18 and older
- Proof of birth for ALL household members
- Court Custody papers for minor children who will be living in the household not born to you
- Social security cards for ALL household members
- Proof of ALL household income, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Social Security/SSI Income award letter including awards for minor children
- ADC/OWF welfare income printout
- 4-6 weeks worth of paystubs or a statement from your employer listing your date of hire, hourly wage, number of hours worked and frequency of pay
- Unemployment income
- Pension documentation
- Child support income (12-month print out)
- If self-employed, please provide last years 1040 and Schedule C documents.
- Proof of ALL household Assets, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Recent bank statements, life insurance cash value
- Proof of student status for anyone attending school 18 and older in the household.
- School Schedule/Financial Aid Paperwork