Property Owner Learning Center
Click here to view the HCV Administrative Plan changes that took effect July 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to participate in the CMHA Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP). Good property owner participants are key to the success of the program.
CMHA’s HCVP serves approximately 11,260 families throughout Hamilton County. The HCVP supports the typical leasing arrangement between a property owner and a renter, providing a monthly subsidy payment to the property owner on behalf of the renter to fill the gap between what the renter can afford to pay and the actual market rent amount. CMHA has a strong set of guidelines that each property owner must adhere to as a participant in this program. The property owner is responsible for screening and approving potential residents, continuously maintaining quality housing and enforcing the renter's lease. CMHA's HCVP staff will always be available to assist you with any questions.
This section of the website is designed to answer questions that you may have and provide comprehensive information about being an affiliate of the CMHA.
Here you can find answers to questions such as:
- Why Should I Become an HCV Landlord?
- What is the HCV Process?
- How much rent can I charge?
- What is Rent Reasonableness?
- What are Voucher Payment Standards?
- How do you determine Utility Allowances?
- What do I need to Know About HQS Inspections?
- What is the Housing Choice Voucher Process?
- How do I Become a Housing Choice Voucher Landlord?
- Download the HAP Contract
- Download the Tenancy Addendum
- NEW to The Learning Center!
Property Owner Overview Video Series