The M.O.V.E. program is designed to assist the residents, Section 3 and HCV participants to reduce barriers so they can achieve economic self-sufficiency. Currently there are three opportunities that fall under the M.O.V.E. program which are available. These include:
Opportunity to visit with area companies who are interested in hiring individuals to fill vacant and future positions. CMHA has dedicated an office so that individuals can come in and meet with potential employers, fill out applications, and sometimes on-site drug screening. These positions include:
- Manufacturing (Food Preparation)
- Health Care Long-Term Care
- Rehabilitation Care
- General Manufacturing
- General Maintenance
Every Tuesday from 9:00 – 3:30 someone will be available to offer assistance in moving these individuals in the right direction of achieving their own goals.
Sherwin-Williams is the sponsor of a week long program that includes two days of classroom instructions and on the job training. Upon completion of the class, each participant will receive their "EPA Lead-Safe" Certification, Sherwin-Williams Painter Training Certification, and tools/materials to get started in their new career. Each class size is 20 participants which may include Asset Management residents, HCV participants, and Section 3 individuals.
CMHA’s First Learning Initiative is being developed to support successful early child education for children. This program is primarily for CMHA families with children between 18 months and five years of age.
“First Learning” fits well with the “Opportunity”, “Empowerment”, and “Building Partnerships” goals of M.O.V.E. This initiative will work in partnership with various daycare centers, pre-school programs and Head Start Programs and will promote the following core educational components:
- Teaching parents the learning stages of development;
- Fostering intense parent engagement in their child’s learning;
- Utilization of early learning games and education tools for families;
- Providing Alpha Phonics training for parents and children;
- Providing family support services to help-ensure educational success for our children;
- Commitment to frequently evaluate and assess our children;
- Commitment to establish common measures that are reported and shared by all service providers;